Sunday, July 20, 2008

EMPRESS ORCHID

This is a very nice book which I borrowed from my housemate, Ling..I started it on yesterday and finished it today!. I think I'm obsessed in reading this kind of book.


IT is a story of Empress Orchid, Tzu Hsi storytelling abt her life from a country girl up till holding the position of Empress.How she undertake her life from being threathened by the concubine of the Emperor and the minister/ servants.


She was capable of holding the country together when China was threatening by enemies from various regimes. The details are well-described by the author originated from Shanghai, Anchee Min. It emcompasses the struggle, effort and determination of Empress Orchid being a good wife and mother in her time.



I should not describe more and I'll leave it to those who are interested to read it. Renee, u should try reading this, start off with this english book! It worths u a read because it's extremely nice and the english used is user-friendly too!


Thanks to my housemate for ur recommendation of this book. U boost my interest on it and don't forget to keep lending me if u have such book!;p

4 comments:

~R3n3e~ said...

wah,fren!!u wan o nt o?mention my name in ur blog here so obvious...lol!! k lo,since u mentioned liao...dun read oso cant la...u wait la har...lol!!

shawn kL said...

wa!!! upadate blog d...
got a bit inspiration from me leh..
haha...

renee so near oso ned to write on blog??

juz tell her la...

kim~~~ said...

shawn kl:

haha..What?! don't praise urself indirectly k?! that's one of our communication skill, don't u mind?.

kim~~~ said...

renee:

it's kinda fun to put so jus accept the fact!haha..i don't mind lending my name to u in ur blog too.